On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 06:45 +1300, Roger Searle wrote:
> As I did this last thing yesterday and was then in a hurry to leave,
> will report the success or otherwise when I am back at that computer
> on
> Monday.

I await with anticipation. I too run afoul of the nvida/SMP bug and hope
Cannonical get the official fix in a release soon. Meanwhiles I have
reverted to using the nv driver.

Why not install manually? 'Cos for sure it'll break something when the
proper Gutsy fix is brought out, and that'll probably hit me at an
inconvenient time.

As it's an SMP bug, how might I disable 1 CPU? This might be a valid
temporary fix for when I really need GLX.

Vik :v)