Sounds like your initrd image is hosed. Do you have more than one (gutsy)
kernel installed, and can you boot off one of the others? If so, then
mkinitramfs will let you rebuild the affected file ( which is actually a cpio
archive of all the driver, etc files you need to bootstrap the kernel )

One of the reasons I don't like SuSE is the way it cleans up after itself and
*doesn't* give you that option... unless things have changed of course!

Steve

--
Steve Holdoway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>