On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 22:54 +1300, Steve Holdoway wrote:

> OK, I'm currently on oldschool.co.nz, looking at 54kB of website, of which
> 13k is a static image. Even at 9600 baud, with compression that'll take 10
> seconds to download. You may have to scroll a bit, but...
>
> I'm sure that if you wrote your own theme, you could get it down further -
> 30kB/page? Are you aiming at the mobile market or something?? Sounds
> interesting (:

It's for a group of folks using PDA's, and accessing the forums as a
communication and 'knowledge base' type tool, in theory.

I'm looking into this for a friend who made a rash promise to a large
customer, and has come up dry with a quick solution.  Then I came up dry
with a quick solution! :-).

Cheers, Me.