On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Roy Britten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm looking for web hosting options. Linux-friendly, obviously.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations (or horror stories)?

I recommend RimuHosting.com .

New Zealand operated with servers internationally.

I was set up with root within 4 hours of my application, despite the fact I
hadn't paid yet and that is was a Sunday.

Cheap service, convenient payment options ( I pay by monthly direct debit!,
something I wish I could do with more providers  due to my inherent distrust
of Visa payment solutions )  fast service, fast servers, reasonable
space/bandwidth allocations.

Unlike these kiwi options that charge $ARM for disk space and $LEG for
bandwidth, I have a 4G disk space 96M ram w/ 30G transfer allowance on a VPS
host with full root access only 39$ a month. I haven't seen a price-wise
comparable host in New Zealand ( for example, free-parkings nearest offer is
twice that and still has a lower bandwidth limitation, but admittedly, you
can probably blame telecom for that  )

> Reply off-list and I'll collate responses.

+ Im another person who cant follow instructions.

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|