I had long wondered where Gnome was storing its keyboard shortcut settings. These can be set through the GUI tool gnome-keybinding-properties (System -> Preferences -> Keyboard shortcuts), but where in the gconf database does Gnome store the result? I have wanted to know on occasions that I was not able to set my desired shortcut through the GUI tool (eg. using the Windows key as a modifier). So, for the record:

Sound

   * /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/keybindings

Desktop

   * Most of them:
         o /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/keybindings
   * "Run a terminal"
         o /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/run_command_terminal

Window Management

   * /apps/metacity/window_keybindings

To view them from the command line:

   $ gconftool -R /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/keybindings
    home = <Control><Alt>n
    eject = 0xcc
    volume_down = 0xae
    screensaver = disabled
    play = 0xa2
    music = 0xed
    media = XF86AudioMedia
    pause = XF86AudioPause
    sleep =
    xrandr = 0xd6
    www = 0xb2
    volume_up = 0xb0
    next = 0xe9
    calculator = 0xa1
    power = <Control><Alt>Delete
    volume_mute = 0xa0
    previous = 0xea
    stop = 0xa4
    email = 0xec
    help = 0xf5
    search = 0xe5

Alternatively, they can be viewed and edited using gconf-editor (which I couldn't find in the menu any more).

Douglas.

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.