On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Douglas Royds <douglas.ro...@tait.co.nz> wrote:
> Jim Cheetham wrote:
>> Possibly not quite what you had in mind, but I use Trac as a read-only

> I hadn't considered trac. It does indeed have a good web front-end (though
> no better than ViewVC or SVN::Web), but also provides wiki and issue
> management functionality. We already have an issue-management database in
> place, so I'd be reluctant to tempt people with yet another place to write
> stuff. I like its support for Git, Bazaar, and others, but regrettably, no
> support for our legacy CVS projects.

For the purposes of Trac as a wiki and issue tracker, there's a
possibility of having a 'fake' svn repository representing your CVS
projects; just automatically check out the CVS changes into a
SVN-tracked location. Bonus points for scripting something that reads
the log history and checks in to svn with the right comments ...

The ticketing system can be 'hidden' from the UI if you don't want it,
but really that's one o fthe most useful bits; svn checkins can
automatically update/close tickets if you want them to ...

-jim