On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 09:52 +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> In recent years, pretty much the sole use of the CLUG wiki has been to
> keep track of meetings and sometimes resources for those meetings.
>
> Given that meetings are currently on a significant hiatus, and that
> the bulk of the technical content of the CLUG wiki is already on
> wiki.linux.net.nz[1], I'm planning to shut down[2] the CLUG wiki.

[snip]

Been thinking about this for a few weeks now, as a sort of follow-on
from the cessation of meetings decision, and an alternative to the
rather dry mailing format...

My thoughts have been along the lines of a web presence in a more
entertaining format than a standard wiki, which will provide for a
better storefront to attract potential users, and give the CLUG more of
a focus.

Also, a good place to show off open source, and the varied talents of
the group. Even better, how about designing and building a site using
Kiwi open source - and base it on Silverstripe???

I'm happy to host this, as I have a few 100 MB and unlimited domestic
bandwidth available.

Steve.

--
Steve Holdoway <st...@greengecko.co.nz>