Craig Falconer wrote:
Barry Marchant wrote, On 14/09/09 23:58:
When I attempt to start it from a terminal all I get is "VNC server running on `127.0.0.1:5900'". this is the same whether or not I give it a win.img file to open. Google and the qemu wiki are not being helpful. The start instructions in qemu docs do not work

the same image file opens without problems under qemu-0.9

Any ideas appreciated, thanks

Does virt-manager tell you anything more helpful?  What about /var/log/ ?

No entries in any log file.

virt-manager shows qemu running on localhost with no cpu or memory usage, status is active(ro)

I do not understand why a vnc server is running, it was not in sight with earlier versions of qemu, it just popped up the windows splash screen and continued loading.

I have never run a vnc server and have no need to link win tolinux.

Barry