On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 Robert Fisher <rob...@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> I totally agree - which is why I closed my business. People seem happy to
> pay for a plumber or an electrician but they hate seeing a computer
> "fixer" do his work on the keyboard - they think that they should be able
> to do that and why should they pay good money for an "expert".

I blame gamers. Their the people best known for enjoying computers but
when you get down to it gamers are to real experts as boy racers are to
serious auto engineers.

No offence to any mild fans of gaming. I play occasionally plays games when
I'm not programming, but I see computers as tools, not toys.

--
Quote of the login:
Bus error -- driver executed.