I have two Asus eee boxes, the Eee PC 1000 (not HA) and EB1012 tv frontend
box for mythtv.  I highly recommend you go with a SSD model for both battery
life and durability of the system.  I remember reading that there was a high
rate of failure for the standard hard drive models.  SSD model has two SSD
drives.  One 8GB faster for the OS, and a slower 32GB storage for /home.
I've also got a 8GB SD card that fits completely in the side for extra
space.

Linux support works out of the box for ubuntu 8.04 and up.  Battery life is
very good, I get about 3 1/2 - 4 hours on average.  Ignore their 6 hour
claims. :)

My only gripe is the keyboard.  They put an arrow key where the shift key
should be, and it's a bit small for my large fingers.  As a final note, why
not support Linux and get the xandros model?  While I highly recommend using
ubuntu netbook edition in place of it,  I'd rather support any version of
Linux then support microsoft.  Doing this will also show companies that you
want Linux so they will continue to offer it as an option.

Cheers,
sV