On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Bryce Stenberg <br...@hrnz.co.nz> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got my Ubuntu server running now with 10.04 LTS.
> One of my manuals on using Ubuntu mentions a gui setting under 'Software
> sources -> updates' for 'Release upgrade: Show new distribution
> releases' -> 'Long term support releases only' (was referencing version
> 8.04lts in this book however).
> This setting is so version stays at the LTS version.
>
> Does anyone know where to set this without a gui interface as when I get
> updates I want this server to stay on the LTS version?
> Or have I got it wrong and nothing can change unless I run
> 'do-release-upgrade' manually?

I don't think it will update to a new release unless you specifically
tell it to. But also I think you can edit
/etc/update-manager/release-upgrades  and set Prompt=lts

# Default behavior for the release upgrader.

[DEFAULT]
# Default prompting behavior, valid options:
#
#  never  - Never check for a new release.
#  normal - Check to see if a new release is available.  If more than one new
#           release is found, the release upgrader will attempt to upgrade to
#           the release that immediately succeeds the currently-running
#           release.
#  lts    - Check to see if a new LTS release is available.  The upgrader
#           will attempt to upgrade to the first LTS release available after
#           the currently-running one.  Note that this option should not be
#           used if the currently-running release is not itself an LTS
#           release, since in that case the upgrader won't be able to
#           determine if a newer release is available.
Prompt=lts