On 29 May 2010 13:02, Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccosk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any desktop centered distros whose primary aim is to have as few
> surprises as possible for people who are already accustomed to Linux?
>
> So far all of the distros I have seen (old Knoppix, Red Hat, Linspire,
> Ubuntu, Fedora,  Kubuntu, Slackware, Mandriva, Open Suse, Gentoo, Debian and
> a few others that I have tried for an afternoon or so) have had some other
> primary
> goal.
>
> I just want a very generic distro.
>
> I have found Sabayon pretty good. The CoreCD version would probably do what
you want pretty well.

 http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20421

There is also a distro called 'Caclculate-Linux' which is similar, and quite
possibly somewhat better.

 http://www.calculate-linux.org/en

I have played with the Live CD and was pretty impressed.
I have not installed it because - after a bunch of upgrades - Sabayon became
rough enough for my simple needs.

> P.S: If anyone with the resources wants to start up such  a distro I'm
> willing to help.

Sorry no, there are umpteen thousand Linux distros available already, and I
am now strictly in 'user mode' as far as computing is concerned. i.e. I
don't need or want the stress.

--
Sincerely etc.
Christopher Sawtell