I have a two remote work stations, one a diskless client, and one a
regular linux box, which log onto my server and which run remote X
sessions. That is to say, all software runs on the server, the client
just runs the X server.

When using a remote work station, while trying to log onto the comcast
home page with netscape 6.2, netscape just terminates abruptly. This
happens with any user. Running netscape from an xterm window shows no
error messages. The program just abruptly terminates. Any user, sitting at
the server, can access http://comcast.net without trouble with netscape.
This exact same behavior is exhibited by mozilla 0.9.8 and netscape 4.77,
although those programs reside on one of the linux remote work stations,
and so the work station now becomes the server and the server becomes
the client and runs the X server.

This is not the only situation where netscape crashes while running on
my server with a remote X session, but it is the one I can reproduce
the best.

Opera, staroffice, and lynx do not demonstrate this behaviour. That is to
say, while running on a server, a remote client running an X server can
use them to go to comast.net. I would try to use opera or staroffice but
neither one can access email at comcast( staroffice can't do passwords,
and opera logs in but can't display the email page.) When I run IE with
win4lin from a remote workstation, all works just fine.

Any insight appreciated.

Joel