Ok, I have the same here. I went through the step by steps again and found
that I missed the step of verifying that it detects the usb mouse when
plugged in. It does detect it but gives errors. It does not accept the
address assigned to it.
usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-110)
It then tries to assign new address 5 with the same results.
Any idea what is wrong?