On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Douglas J Hunley wrote:

> Gerry Doris spewed electrons into the ether that assembled into:
> > An even nicer solution is to add mailscanner.  It integrates with
> > spamassassin and will also scan all mail from viruses using a variety of
> > virus scanners.
>
> got a homepage for that?

www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner

I've been using mailscanner to scan all mail coming/going on my server for
viruses since Oct.  It supports several virus engines (one or all at the
same time).

When spam support is turned on mailscanner will make an internal call
directly to spamassassin.  If the spam count is above the threshold you
set mailscanner will modify the header adding {SPAM} that can be filtered
by procmail.

I've set spamassassin up to use razor.  That really cut the traffic down!

I've had many emails flagged for viruses.  The samba list was really bad
until they started filtering themselves.  I rarely see a spam message
anymore.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer