On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:36:20 -1200
"Mike Andrew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribbled in frustration:

>> I gave up on kmail for this reason. There is a bit of info on the KDE
>Kmail
>> site about this. It seems there are a number of ways this
>> authentication works.
>>
>>        There are two common techniques used for SMTP authentication:
>> "SMTP after POP3" and "SMTP Auth". "SMTP Auth" is currently not
>
>Yahoo, afaik, uses Auth.
>
>I gave up on Yahoo rather than drop kmail, the alternative for me was
>Netscape and it's a hog.
>
>Thank you for your info.
You might consider giving sylpheed a try.  At least as fast as kmail and
does SMTP AUTH. Nice program overall, handling multiple POP3 and IMAP
accounts (though the filtering for IMAP is not quite up to snuff yet).
Cheers,

Mike

--
"He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that
fool you....., he really is an idiot."

-Groucho Marx