Hi all.

For those also on the Gentoo list, sorry for the cross
post...

I felt the 1.0 install instructions a bit confusing
when trying to do an "Stage 2 Install".

It looks to me that the step #10, the emerge rsync is
not required for people doing this kind of
installation, as well as step #11 which is
"Progressing from Stage 1 to Stage 2". So I skipped
these two steps.

But when trying step #12 "Progressing from Stage 2 to
Stage 3", the emerge --pretend system gives me an
error that /etc/make.profile isn´t present and gives
me an empty list of packages to be installed.

I don´t know what to do.
Please help!

Thanks,
Cid.

=====
"It said it uses Windows 95 or better, so I loaded Linux!"