On Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:39:12 -0500 Keith Antoine
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> On Thursday 04 April 2002 09:26 am,
Collins wrote:>

> > If you are using devfs, you have a config file that controls
> > permanent attributes for devices.  Here's my gentoo
> > /etc/devfsd.conf.  The snd... stuff is what I used to insure that
> > any user could use /dev/dsp, etc. You probably have entries similar
> > to the top of the file already.
> >
> > # Sample /etc/devfsd.conf configuration file.
> > # Richard Gooch  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         3-JUL-2000
> > #
> > # The Gentoo Linux Team - http://www.gentoo.org/
> > #     - Many fixes, etc
>
> Well there was a fix on 'dot.kde' for what I was experiencing, However
> your pointer to the /etc/devfsd.conf was a godsend. I have other
> problems whith drivers not being available; i.e /deb/vbi, also the dvd
> drive is not seen as a dvd for dvdplaying nor a scsi for xcdroast.
> Looks like this will do tythe job.

One thing I forgot to mention, but it is covered in the comments for
devfsd.conf - if you change characteristics of something here (let's say
cdrom stuff), you need to remove all the /dev/xxx entries manually
before reboot.  The entries will then be rebuilt properly with your
specifications next time you reboot.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
Gentoo_rc6-15 2.4.19pre - xfce + sylpheed + mozilla