On April 6, 2002 11:40 pm, Collins wrote:
> [ snip ]
>
> On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 19:47:43 -0700 Ted Ozolins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've just about given up on Mandrake and its bastardized offerings.
>
> That means you're ready for gentoo.  After you get past the birthing
> woes, you'll consider anything else a bastardized offering. <grin>

As much as I would like to dump Mandrake and try gentoo, I have way too much
time invested in searching for, compiling and installing software I need.
Having said that, however, I'll be picking a 60 gig WD this week and
installing a removeable bay in this box then I can take the time to install
gentoo at leasure and plug my existing drive back into the box as I need to.
Once I have gentoo setup as required, I can then mv Mandrake /dev/null:) I've
looked for 40 Gig drives here in the Okanagan Valley but most of the time
they don't have them in stock, places that do carry them want more for it
then the cost of a 60 Gig at Future Shop.  When I bought my first 105 Meg HD
($500 Cdn) I  wondered how the heck was I ever going to utilise all that
space <snicker> and here I'm planning on buying a 60Gig drive:)

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.