Quoting Andrew Mathews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Excellent!

Somehow I missed that on the HP site before now.

I know the AIX method, love it, but apparently, there is not a HP-UX equivalent
to mirrorvg...except ignite.

Fingers crossed, hpoing not to hose anything!

Ian

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > long time since I've read or posted...been away from home most of the last
>
> > month working a office rollout.
> >
> > The customer who is driving the requirements for this office, has some
> pretty
> > finicky and esoteric requirements to run the cadd software that they use.
> >
> > We have a working configuration we need to roll out on several other
> machines
> > and we're looking for a way to clone/duplicate this machine instead of the
> long
> > and tedious job of configuring 10+ more machines manually.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be done reliably?
> >
> > The hardware specs for anyone interested are:
> >
> > - HP C3600 Workstations
> > - HP A1658-60031 HDisk (SCSI Ultra 160 LVD)
> >
> > The thing I am stumped by is how to get both disks running in the same
> machine
> > and bit-for-bit copy them.  From what I can tell, in order to have them
> both in
> > the same system, they need to be initialized as different volumes (ie
> /dev/vg00
> > and /dev/vg01) and I cannot find  out if the /dev/vg01 can be used at the
> main
> > booting disk in a system after cloing, or if it *has to be* /dev/vg00.  I'm
> an
> > IBM kinda guy, so anyone out there with any hints, I'd really appreciate
> them.
> >

> > Thanks in advance...I hope.
> >

> I don't know what the equivalent HP-UX command is, but I use:
> "mirrorvg -m VGname PVname" in AIX which is what you're trying to do.
> This allows me to recreate a disk that's bootable and is an *exact* copy
> of the original. Also check out Ignite at:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0xe49284534efbd5118ff40090279cd0f
9,00.html

--
Linux SxS Mirror [http://sxs.homeip.net]