Anita  Lewis wrote inter alia:

> While I was looking for answers I was led to the sxs site and saw the docs
> on WP8 there.  I didn't see the answers to my problems, but found them later
> on a corel newsgroup.

That is why you did not find a how-to for installing WP8 (download or
Personal edition) on the SxS site.
Problems with installing WP8 result from the ommission of some support
libraries that are now obsolete.
Only SuSE seems interested in supporting WP8, and has provided a WP8
compatibility package group in its releases.

Each new distribution requires now a different "fix" for WP8 to run.
The "fix" sometimes is posted on the distribution's web site, e.g.
Mandrake, but it usually takes some effort to find it.

I have posted a detailed how-to for installing both WP8 and WP8.1 in
Libranet (my present prefered distro) on that distro's website.
http://www.libranet.com/support/view.cgi?item=WP8Libranet2.html

Libranet promises to include a "WP8 Compatibility Group" in their next
release, so the need for this elaborate sort of crutch will go away.

In the mean time I'd suggest people who like WP8 stick with
distributions that let it install without having to leap through fiery
hoops.

--
Leon A. Goldstein