List

  Got a  question here. Writing a c++ program and having a bunch
of seg faults random ly on code that has worked or has been testred
and debugged in stub program. I am wonders if I may need me stack
or heap space. I am using kde3 with xfce desktop. This using stl & plain
object code, only standard stuf that should be portable across platform.
NO qt or X.  Right now the following is seg ing.

string l_szURL;  or char* l_szURL; or char l_szURL[255];

l_szURL = getenv("HOST");

   any ideas here

cheers & thanks in advance

--