Hmmm .. I wondered what happened to all of the COL Posters .. Now I see
they are all over here. Maybe I ought to check my Mail Folders more often.

Anyway, I pre-ordered the 8.0 Professional Upgrade. It came in last week.
The UPGRADE, believe it or not, is the same as the regular release. All
the CD's are there, but, you only get one book.

They have made some drastic changes (For SuSE) in this release. Gone is
the awful /etc/rc.config, and in it's place a much more SYS V style
starup. Just like it is suppose to BE, the scripts are linked in the rc.d
directory to whatever services you want started. Any system parameters
that need to be set are now moved into the sysconfig directory under /etc.

the /etc/logfiles has been replaced by the (IMHO) better logrotate.

All in all, SuSe has done a commendable job of meeting the LSB standards.

Just thoght I would pass this on ...

--
Ben Duncan   Phone (601)-355-2574     Fax (601)-355-2573   Cell (601)-922-1220
                         Business Network Solutions