Scribbling feverishly on May 01, Ted Ozolins managed to emit:
> On May 1, 2002 05:09 am, M.W.Chang wrote:
> > and I think they were talking about the OEM version only.
> > The retail box version can be purchased separately from hardware.
>
> Three of the five boxes here came with wintendo on them (OEM) and were dumped
> almost instantly. I have only one dual_boot box left all the others are
> running linux. I sold/gave away all copies of M$ OS  that came with the
> machines. Since M$ doesn't make the hardware within the boxes they can't tie
> their OS to it. This is as rediculous as selling cars with ESSO/EXXON fuel
> and telling you that it is illigal to use other brands.

Well, of course it's ridiculous. The thing that astonishes me the most is
not that MS have the gall to assert such a thing but that some people
actually believe the assertion true. It's as if MS single-handedly
invented computing and came down the mountain with the ten commandments
(never mind they regularly break most of said commandments...)

Demographic polls show that you have lost credibility across the
board.  Especially with those 14 year-old Valley girls.