Scribbling feverishly on May 04, Joel Hammer managed to emit:
> Well, I finally learned enuf postscript to get the output I want from
> gnuplot. I won't say how much time it took me, but I did lean a lot about
> postscript. I can now generate postscript plots, use my own psmerge
> program (the one with PSutils doesn't work for me), use psnup to get
> multiple plots on the same page, and then ps2pdf to make a nice pdf file.
> Looks slick EXCEPT:
> No bookmarks.
> Does anyone know of an easy way of putting bookmarks into a pdf document?
> (Using vi or sed, of course.) Are there any good documents out there for
> understanding pdf like there are for postscript?
> I did go to the adobe web site and used their document conversion service
> (the first five are free), and got no book marks, either.
> Thanks,
> Joel

Joel,

Here's a reference for the PDF format (sorry about the wrap):

http://partners.adobe.com:80/asn/developer/acrosdk/docs/filefmtspecs/PDFReference.pdf

You can also try search.adobe.com and search for what you want...

Kurt
--
"You can write a small letter to Grandma in the filename."
                -- Forbes Burkowski, Computer Science 454