Just messing with fonts and of course it is confusing me. You can skip most
of this veriage and go right to the last paragraph for my question.

But,
I have finally figured out how to make enscript use all those ghostscript
fonts. They are really quite nice. To see all the fonts your gs will let you
use, start gs, then:
loadallfonts
All those fonts are available to enrich your documents.
However, I tried the gs method of seeing those fonts, but, it just didn't
work for me, so, to capture all those names, try:
gs > GhostScriptFonts
loadallfonts
wait a while, then:
quit

You have all those fonts available to you, and enscript will use them if
you ask.

One way to get to see all these fonts is to edit the GhostScriptFonts
file from the above step and leave just the font names in them.
eg:

Baltar
Borg9
CharlesinCharge
CrystalRadioKit
Droid
Make sure there are no trailing blanks.
Have a text file you want to convert to postscript (junk.txt in the example
below.)
Then, this one line script works:

while read i; do i="$i"12; cp -a junk.txt $i.txt ;enscript -o $i.ps -f $i $i.txt; rm
$i.txt;done < GhostScriptFonts
Fun,huh?

NOW, my question: Many of these fonts, when called by enscript, give a:
NO AFM file found, using default.
What the heck does this mean, and should I care?

Thanks
Joel