Hmm....
Turns out that the whole _R thing is an enscript defined procedure.
Other types of eps files, say from Kword, don't have this problem.
So, it seems that there is something funny about enscript files when
they are turned into eps files.
Now, if only Kword would not have bounding box problems or if only enscript
wouldn't have this _R problem but.....
I wouldn't have learned very much.
Joel