... but I need a lead beacuse it is not often I do.

Problem: A dir full with $UNIVERSE log files like
"XNBUJSAUVE1000627745ZNBUAP01NBUJTSVG_F.1057788". One of the things I have
to do is isolate e.g. the words "NBU" (appli), "JSAUVE1" (session),
"NBUJTSVG_D" (uproc) and redirect them to a txt file so the user can import
it into an Excel worksheet to make a stat...

Isolating the words is not a problem. Basically I got everything working
except for the lay-out of the txt file which has to be like so:
DATE;HOST;APPLI;SESSION;UPROC;TIME

I think I have to use awk for that: Any idea's, URL's or doc's you can share
with me?

--
Cheers,
Zoran.