Jerry McBride wrote:

> I don't know if this is old news or not... but there's been a lot of
> discussion about XFS and where to get it from...
>
> A quick google search will find "where" it is for you, but don't overlook
> this little gem. At the following URL, you'll find the 2.4.18 kernel with
> XFS patched in and compiled. You'll have a choice of CPU support... "all"
> the drivers and in easy-to-install RPM format.
>
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/Release-1.1/kernel_rpms/2.4.18
>
> In my humble opinion, this is GREAT.

I'll second that. I've got it running like a charm on several machines.
I haven't tried the enterprise kernel but the SMP and standard kernel
both are great. I installed the SMP kernel on a Dell Poweredge 2550 with
the PERC onboard RAID controller enabled, RAID 1 on two 36Gb, and two
73Gb disks using dual PIII 1.13Ghz processors. It was literally a 3
minute job to install, edit lilo.conf for the new kernel, reboot and go,
with absolutely zero problems. If SGI released a complete distribution
of the same caliber of their kernel builds, I'd be an immediate customer.

--
Andrew Mathews