<controversy>
RAID is not a replacement for backup.  It is a complement to a good backup
system.  Many will tell you that Tape Backup is slow, antiquated, and no
to be trusted.  I would not begin to argue these issues either way.  I
would say this:  If you will NOT be using a Tape Backup (or CD, or other
offline media), you would be advised to have a second server with 2-5
times the storage ( you can install that additional storage in the primary
server, but it's really hard not to use it in a moment of weakness) so you
can still archive.  Joe Schmoe, the President's secretary, calling you
because his Excel spreadsheet with everyone's bonuses is corrupt... that
will teach you very quickly the importance of archiving.  This is also
very important when considering HOW to archive...  :)
</controversy>