On Fri, 31 May 2002 09:13:35 -0400 (EDT)
Net Llama! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 May 2002, Ken Moffat wrote:

> > (Just loaded RH7.3. Anyone have opinions?)
>
> I rather like it.  Redhat is starting to show signs of stability &
> maturity in ther distro.  They could have just as easily pushed out "8.0"
> with all kinds of bleeding edge garbage, but they took the more prodent
> route.  There is hope for RH yet.

I know a couple of people who were involved in the beta test for 7.3. They report that
7.3 was originally intended to be 8.0; several major changes were planned.  Newest
gcc, etc.  First beta had all the 'latest & greatest' - and so many problems that RH
said 'no go' and went for cleanup, updates, and stability.

rickf