On Tue, 4 Jun 2002 23:30:57 -0400
Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any intense experience with openoffice, in particular,
> the spreadsheet?  I used to use StarOffice 5.2 but gave it up in favor
> of vi and Excel (running under win4lin). (Obviously, I don't have to
> exchange text documents at work, just spreadsheets.)  I was never happy
> with the spreadsheet in SO. The spreadsheet in staroffice didn't have
> built in functions for data analysis, as far as I could find, and was
> awkward in other ways, not nearly as nice as Excel. And, I had to have
> painless compatibility with Excel.

I just got an excel spreadsheel that did all kind of funny lookups
via excel functions. I did not expect it to work in OO 1.0. Well, it did.
Perfectly. As I understand it, OO 1.0 has most all the excel functions, as well
as a BASIC scripting language. I don't know how/if the BASIC matches what
people would use in excel, but the functions are supposed to be compatible.

--
| Roger Oberholtzer          |   E-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |