On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 19:49, David Aikema wrote:
> I've encountered one rather unusual thing when using Openoffice.  I seem to be
> unable to generate any double quotes (without resorting to special
> characters) and end up with a question mark instead.  I have no such problem
> when using other applications.
>
> I'm presuming that this is an indication of some sort of incorrect locality
> setting, but I've looked through all the options that I could find and have
> not yet run across anything that might correct this.
>
> Has anyone encountered anything similar?
>
> David Aikema

I have the same problem on my linux desktops and laptop (SuSE 7.2, 7.3 &
8.0).  None of the computers had this problem with OO 638 -> 641D.  I
received suggestions about reinstalling fonts, but this did not solve
the problem for me.

Browsing the OO mailing list archives showed that there were other users
with similar problem but no definitive fix, at least not at the time I
looked over the archive.

Picked up Staroffice 6 which does not have the problem of changing
special characters to question marks, plus the manual and adobe
distiller is almost worth the price of staroffice for me.

I would be interested in a solution to the special character problem
with Openoffice 1.0.

--
Ralph Sanford       -       If your government does not trust you,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   -   should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key   -   0x7A1BEA01