Anyone using the hpijs driver for an HP printer?

I have an HP812C, ghoscript 6.51 and hpijs 1.1.  gs -h shows:

...DJ630 DJ6xx DJ6xxP DJ8xx DJ9xx DJ9xxVIP hpijs...

Obviously, a lot of stuff left out here.  Two questions - -

1.  "ijs" does not show, and HP's website says it should.  A problem?

2.  Using qtcups, I have the following choices on my 812C, using the hpijs
driver:

300 DPI Draft, 300 DPI Grayscale, 300 DPI Normal, 300 DPI Photo, 600 DPI
Photo.

These don't  match the HP website description, which shows a draft option,
and, what's the
difference btw/ these if they're all 300 DPI?  Something's misconfigured
here, but I can't find it.

I can get a draft option using the cdj880 driver, but that one makes black
by combining all the colors - gets expensive!!  cdj550 has no draft
option.

Any advice appreciated.

--
Ed Jabbour