On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 11:47:16 -0600  Andrew Mathews wrote:
> Alan Jackson wrote:
> > Well our power went away last night for several hours, and that's when
> > I discovered that I forgot to put my router/switch on the UPS - whoops!
> > So I couldn't rlog into one of my systems to shut it down. And that system
> > is causing me problems today.
> <snip>
>
> Does the sick system have a default route set? route -n or netstat -r
> should list the default route if it's set, otherwise use the
> route add default gw xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx command to set it.

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
192.168.0.0     *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 eth0
127.0.0.0       *               255.0.0.0       U         0 0          0 lo

so I did

route add default gw router.oplnk.net

and that fixed it!

Thank you!!