On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 10:32, Pam R wrote:
> One advantage of living in the UK is the number of organisations that want to
> look after you...
>

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2002%2F06%2F12%2Fnripa12.xml
>
> Pam

This is a {bad_thing}.  Still, we colonials are diligently attempting to
keep pace - our President has decided to begin locking up American
citizens without benefit of trial, council or grand jury indictment,
citing a edict pronounced in a declared war that occured half a century
ago.  Kinda makes me wonder why we bothered fighting you lot in the
first place. Gotta do a "hats off" to the Pres, though.  This sure
showed the American public that he isn't just some dangerously insecure
Tejano FDR wanna-be, but is instead firmly in control of the war on
terror.

-Richard