I suspect it is totally a business (translated profit) decision.  The money
right now is in large systems, where they can sell their database, WebSphere
system, and hardware.

I personally feel that it will all come full circle eventually.  Many, if not
all Linux companies are hurting, and simple economics are forcing them to go
after the area wher good money is made.  that is probably the folks in the
United Linux thing are going after server side items first, as opposed to
desktop users. Also, I have a feeling that not a lot of LInux Thinkpads were
sold, especially in contrast to the effort required to support it.

Remember, if you get a laptop with W$ on it, they (IBM) can always pass it off
to being a Microsoft problem, and have you call them (with credit card in
hand, of course).

In the meantime, we regular purchasers will have to continue to muddle through
on our own.  Just like we have been doing.

Believe me, I am a LInux user out of principle, not experience or knowledge.
Just look at my posts for help!

It all kind of sucks, but the war isn't over.

Just my opinion, for what is is worth.

Harry G