Hi,

AFAIK the only REAL hardware RAID for IDE are the 3ware controllers.

I have one Soyo MoBo with an HPT370 (RAID 0/1/0+1) and an Intel MoBo with a
Promise FastTrack 100.

I'd sugest that you buy another cheap ATA100/133 controller (ie: CMD649
chipset) and make a RAID5 array with the disks with software RAID (there are
instructions in Bedtime Reading -> RAID). You'll have a 120GB array. COL
3.1.1 recognizes both controlles as standard IDE controllers. With RedHat
71./7.2 don't (at least with the Promise controller).

I've reading about the BIOS RAID (HPT/Promise) support for Linux and it's
pretty much useless (ei: it's not fault tolerant. If one disk fails, your
server will crash).

Right now, I have to servers running with soft raid (mirroring) without
problems (both running COL 3.1.1, one of them using XFS).