eD24?  IIRC, java was installed in /usr/java, just like it is still.  The executables
are in /usr/java/bin/

What else do you want to know?  I don't know of any read-em-up, just my own experience.

begin  "Joel Hammer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:50:19 -0400)

> Could someone point me to good and easy documentation on using java with
> linux?
>
> I know I have a java runtime environment somewhere on my Caldera 2.4 system,
> but when I installed Opera 6.01 it found no java environment. So, I need to
> know what to do to make my java run time environment, whatever that is,
> visible to opera.
>
> Thanks,
> Joel

Matthew Carpenter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                          http://www.e-i-s.cc/

Enterprise Information Systems
*Network Consulting, Integration & Support
*Web Development and E-Business