On Monday 24 June 2002 09:43 am, Myles Green enshrined in prose:
> On June 23, 2002 04:28 pm, Keith Antoine wrote:
> > when using this command to make from a tar file what is the correct
> > syntax ? I used it as rpm -ra xine-lib-0.9.12.tar.gz and it told me
> > that the arguments were wrong.
>
> That's because 'rpm -ra' is incorrect, it's 'rpm -ta' if you want to
> build from a tarball.
>
> HTH,

Of course it is, this is one of my lesser days. Started early and rushed
through a download, use -ra instead of -ta, did not see my stupidity. End
result "egg on face", this evening. Oh well! have done worse previously, but
thanks, it did not sink intill I saw that reply.

--
Keith Antoine (GANDALF) aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161