Well the urge to tinker has struck again, so I put up gnome2 rc2 last
night to see what I've been missing (I can hear the thundering
response from the kde crowd and the xfce crowd now - not much!)

Unlike DEP (see Linux and Main article) I never was that impressed by
kde, but xfce is still my main thing.  Nevertheless, growing numbers
of linux fans are going gnome.

All I can say at this point is this - it works.

Ah the joys of gentoo.  All I had to do was comment out a few lines in
the package mask (marks packages that are still under development),
fire up an emerge, turn off the terminal, and go to bed.  This morning
gnome2 was ready to roll.

Other than an expanded working set and maybe 1% extra cpu, not much of
an effect.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla