Someone wrote to me trying to figure out why WP8 would not install on RH for
him.  He found out that the problem was that he was running libsafe.  He
said in order to install or to run WP with libsafe he needed to do the
following:
---------------------------------------

 + remove the libsafe reference in /etc/ld.so.preload if this exists

 + unset the environment variable LD_PRELOAD before running the
   installation script

 + unset LD_PRELOAD before running xwp; I use the following script to
   call wordperfect:

#!/bin/sh
unset LD_PRELOAD
exec /opt/WP8/wpbin/xwp "$@" &

Obviously the path to xwp must be adjusted to the directory chosen
during installation.
He wrote to me, because I had the page about WP being installed on RedHat.
I had never even heard of libsafe and don't know if it is a RedHat thing or
might be found on other systems.  I was thinking that you might want to
encorporate this info somewhere in the WP section.  Perhaps it will fit in
with something that is already there.  Maybe it *is* already there.  Anyway,
it could be helpful info.

--
Anita
GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910