In an ongoing effort to see how badly I can hose my system and *still*
have things (mostly) work, I attempted an update of binutils last night
(from 2.10 that came with Caldera, to 2.13 from source).
Much to my surprise, it seemed to compile and install without error.
But, after issuing an ldconfig command, I get a cool new error (and
linux is /fun/ again).
When entering some command line commands (like 'ls' and 'make', but
*not* 'rpm' or 'cat'), I get the following error:
$ ls
ls: relocation error: /lib/librt.so.1: symbol __pthread_clock_settime,
version GLIBC_2.2.3 not defined in file libpthread.so.0 with link time
reference

It's interesting that all the GUI apps seemt to be working, I can view
files using Konqueror, Mozilla works, Kmail and Knode work. So my system
is still *kinda* working...

Anybody have any suggestions on what I can try to fix *this*?
Installing the old binutils didn't fixed it.

Just looking for ideas to try. My ultimate answer to these problems I'm
having is to install RedHat 7.3 in a spare partition, which I may get to
this afternoon or tonight, but I'm interested in trying stuff to see if
this can be fixed.

Regards,
Tim