I've brought up a DICT server,  for those of you who want to look up
the definitions of a variety of (mostly) English words and phrases, as
well as other interesting entities. Point your dict client at kurtwerks.com.
The databases I currently have available include:

$ dict -h kurtwerks.com -D
  devils     THE DEVIL'S DICTIONARY ((C)1911 Released April 15 1993)
  elements   Elements database 20001107
  foldoc     The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (13 Mar 01)
  gazetteer  U.S. Gazetteer (1990)
  gcide      The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.44
  jargon     Jargon File (4.3.1, 29 Jun 2001)
  vera       V.E.R.A. -- Virtual Entity of Relevant Acronyms December 2001
  web1913    Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
  wn         WordNet (r) 1.7

More information and downloads at http://www.dict.org/.

Regards,

Kurt