On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 02:03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Seen on LKML from hizzoner Linus hisself:
>
> "And a small reminder that we're now officially in the last month of
> features, and since I'm going to be away basically the last week of
> October, so I actually personally consider Oct 20th to be the drop-date,
> ..."
>
> So, we'll have a new kernel RSN. For some value of Soon.
>
> Kurt

It's downloading right now-

"And if it wasn't clear to the non-2.5-development people out there, yes
you _should_ also test this code out even before the freeze. The IDE
layer
shouldn't be all that scary any more, and while there are still silly
things like trivially non-compiling setups etc, it's generally a good
idea
to try things out as widely as possible before it's getting too late to
complain about things.."

I might report on what happens tomorrow, as long as it compiles and
don't lose my data.  I'd have it by now if it weren't for my 28.8k
connection and kernel.org being down for part of the day.

Bob Raymond