Ken Moffat wrote:

> Note that the free download is version 2.0, which is slightly old, but
> is easy to update.
>
> I love libranet. I have version 2.7, beta2, and I have stayed with the
> default woody install, which is totally reliable. The packages are not
> totally up to date, but it is stable. It's easy to upgrade to testing or
> unstable with a change in sources.list, and many have reported good
> results.

Yup, should have mentioned that.  If you have an Athlon box, you really
should jump right up to 2.7.
I don't know why, but the difference between the 2.4.18 kernel in Lib
2.0 and the 2.4.19 in Lib 2.7 is
very noticeable on my Athlon 900 mHz box.

And of course, Libranet has my loyalty for including all of the libs
needed by WordPerfect 8.  (They responded to my suggestion/plea to add
the libs)
With the Filtrix patch and mouse scrolling,  WP8 on Libranet still
kicks.

BTW there is a Win4Lin how-to posted now on the Libranet Support
Database, just below my WP8 how-to.

Brian Kapturkiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
> Do you know http://www.distrowatch.com
> You'll see Libranet and many others.

Yes, although I suspect some or many of the listed distro's are only
history.

--
Leon A. Goldstein