On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 05:46:11AM +0800, m.w.chang wrote:
> I used google.com and didn't get anything. I try again. is
> /usr/adm/sm.bin the only needed directory?

>From the Sendmail FAQ:

"Q3.34 -- What does "foo not available for sendmail programs" mean?
Date: September 24, 1999

It means that you are using smrsh, the sendmail restricted shell;
see Q2.13 for details on this. To fix this problem, you need to create
a sym-link from smrsh's directory for restricted programs to the program
foo. The default location of this directory for restricted programs is
/usr/adm/sm.bin in the Open Source version, but vendor versions differ.
For example, RedHat Linux 6.0 uses /etc/smrsh, and Solaris 8 uses
/var/adm/sm.bin . If you don't know the directory for your OS, first
check the smrsh man page, then if that fails, try:

        % strings /path/to/smrsh | grep ^/

where /path/to/smrsh is the P= argument on the Mprog line in sendmail.cf .

So for example:

        % cd /usr/adm/sm.bin
        % ln -s /usr/bin/vacation

would allow the vacation program to be run from a user's .forward file
or an alias which uses the "|program" syntax.

Finally, if you want to disable use of smrsh, remove the
FEATURE(`smrsh') line from the .mc file used to build sendmail.cf;
see cf/README for details on this."

Kurt
--
"To vacillate or not to vacillate, that is the question ... or is it?"