I got your point. but last time I install Mail::SpamAssassin 2.31,
everything finished properly. it seems that the perl shell didn't start
the spamd daemon bfore the test 28.... hmm..

do you happen to know how to skip the test (didn't even know where to
look for in the doc files). I ended up getting out of the shell and used
back `perl Makefile.PL` to insatll it.. :)

--
  Swiftly. Silently. Invisibly.  .~.   In Linux we trust.
                                / v \