Aaron Grewell wrote:
> As far as the performance issues go, do you have enough swap?  I've
> gotten out of the habit of using it on my workstation with 2.4.x, but
> according to Kernel Traffic 2.5.x has a serious swap addiction.  If you
> don't have enough of it your machine *will* thrash.

Yes, I definitely have plenty of swap- I went overboard and stuck 2GB in
there (a little too happy with the 60GB drive).  No, the problem lies
with Evolution and anything else using <=Gnome 1.4.  I just converted
everything over to Mozilla Mail, and I can reply to messages again,
though Im not sure thats a good thing

<OT to this subject> my apostrophe and quote key has disappeared.  I
doubt its kernel related because Ive had the problem in both kernels.  I
would hope it isnt the keyboard (which is only two months old).  Anyone
else seen this behavior?

                                Bob Raymond