Well I was in Salt Lake City last week for the annual Society of Exploration
Geophysicists meeting. The news this year? Pretty nearly every software vendor
who normally had Solaris offerings now also offered Linux versions of their code.
These are $100,000 plus packages. Many are high-end 3D graphics and visualization
packages. Some of these vendors used to offer NT versions. 8-)

There were also about a half-dozen outfits offering Linux clusters, some quite
large. Intel was giving away large stuffed penguins, as was IBM. Sun showed off
some of their Linux workstations as well.